From: Mike Sensney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: HENRY PSENICKA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 2:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] EigerStein/LRP + orinoco = build my own?

> Muiz Motani did some work with the Orinoco cards some time ago.
> He has some directions on how to get them working.
>
> His web site is http://www.i-dist.com/lrp/wavelan.html.
>
> At 01:06 PM 09/30/2001 -0400, HENRY PSENICKA wrote:
>
> >Having successfully used EigerStein for some time as a router/firewall, I
felt that it would be an ideal platform for assembling a wireless router.

> >So far I have failed in all of my attempts to find a module supporting
the Agere/Avaya/Lucent "orinoco" wireless cards that I can just add to
EigerStein/LRP.

> >I should add that I am also using an ISA-to-PCMCIA adapter, as the PC
doesn't have native PCMCIA support.

> >I have succeeded in getting the orinoco wireless drivers installed and
working with Redhat 7.1., so I know the hardware is working.

> >Can anyone point me toward a recipie or "how-to" that will step me
throught the process of building my own EigerStein kernel and/or modules to
include the required pcmcia and orinoco support?