From: Jeff Newmiller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 3:34 AM
To: David McBride
Cc: LEAF list (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] Strange DHCP request message

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, David McBride wrote:

> When my LRP box boots up and the external NIC (eth0) is requesting an IP
> address it will sometimes give the messages: "ip length 346 disagrees with
> bytes recieved 350" and the next line will say "accepting packet with data
> after udp payload".  After it boots up I run ip addr show and it got an
> address successfully and I can ping the outside world properly. Can
someone
> tell me what these messages mean??

Not sure, but a google search found this, indicating a problem with the
rtl8139 driver:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/303/2000/10/0/4434670/

If you are using this driver, maybe you should download the dachstein
kernel and replace the kernel and modules on your LEAF disk.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing