From: Richard Burt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 5:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Leaf-user] Masqueraded IPSec Client

Yes the ip_masq_ipsec takes care of tracking the connections.  Typically
only one pc at a time on your internal net will be able to connect using
ipsec.  Otherwise it loses track of what goes where.  Here is how I added
the rules.
In /etc/ipfilter.conf, I added the line below.  I have included some
previous lines so you can get your bearings.  Note, I used 208.140.33.0/24
to limit the number of "good" addresses.  My IPSec client uses a host inside

that range.  You could very well use 0.0.0.0 and it would work just fine.

# Clear any garbage rules out of the filters
ipfilter_flush

# Set up Fair Queueing classifier lists
ipfilter_fairq

# Rule added to allow Protocol 50 for IPSEC forwarding
$IPCH -I input -j ACCEPT -p 50 -s 208.140.33.0/24 -i eth0

Then in /etc/network.conf
I added the same network to the end of UDP services open to the world.
Again substitute 0/0.  Note the underscore 500.  That is what tells it port
500.

UDP Services open to outside world
# - srcip/mask_dstport
# NOTE: bootpc port is used for dhcp client
EXTERN_UDP_PORTS="0/0_domain 0/0_ntp 0/0_bootpc 208.140.33.0/24_500"

Good luck.
Rich Burt