Sandro Minola wrote:

> Hi Charles
> Hi all
>
> I've solved the hostname problem by myself. It seems that my Busybox V0.51
> don't accept comments in the /etc/hostname file. I changed the
> /etc/init.d/network script to don't write any comments. Now it works.
>
> I'm still interested in this line 128 bug... ;)

In /etc/network.conf you must tell it to allow the host name or it will be
overwritten at restart by the default.  You don't need to alter the
/etc/init.d/network script..

CONFIG_HOSTNAME=YES
This is at the beginning of the script

HOSTNAME=newhostname
This is towards the end

I assume you are talking about the hostname section of /etc/init.d/network
        if [ "$CONFIG_HOSTNAME" = "YES" ]; then
                vb echo "$SP""Hostname: $HOSTNAME"
Notice it looks for the YES in $CONFIG_HOSTNAME.  Since it is in caps, did you
capitalize the YES in /etc/network.conf.