--- Charles Steinkuehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Continuing, the reason you need ramdisk.lrp (or
> ramlog.lrp) is because
> otherwise there is no provision for creating and
> formatting additional
> ramdisks.  You could put mount entries in fstab, but
> without formatting them
> first, the ramdisks are pretty much useless.  There

I hate to appear to be perserverating on this, but I'm
having trouble understanding how ram0 gets created and
formatted, but an add-on package is required to format
the ram1.

My ES2 gives this in response to 'mount':

/dev/ram0 on / type minix (rw)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/ram1 on /var/log type minix (rw)

Is there a reference for installing linux to a
ramdrive, or for file systems at bootup that might
help?
-John