> Thanks for the quick response! Just wanted to let you know that I
> have been using LRP for about 6 months now and I love it.  I am trying to
> learn it but it is a little daunting for a newbie. I just built a
> firewall/router (Dachstien rc2) for home and the only thing that keeps
> coming up when I scan it is that it is not doing "stateful packet
> inspection". Is stateful packet inspection part of this package and I just
> have not configured it correctly?

Stateful packet inspection is not part of the 2.2 kernel ipchains
implementation, but is elegently handled by the 2.4 kernels iptables.  When
LRP/LEAF systems move to kernel 2.4 (some folks are experimenting with this
already), you will be able to build stateful packet filtering firewalls...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net