> Hi Charles, thanks very much for your response. Assuming that I had
> badly misconfigured the box, I have downloaded E2B (EigerStein2BETA.exe)
> again and started configuration from scratch.

OOPS!  Big problem...the Eiger images do NOT support any advanced DMZ
settings.  You need to either switch to one of the Dachstein releases (CD or
floppy), or install the extended scripts to get support for a private DMZ.

> After correcting my errors in DMZ_SERVERn entries and placing the DMZ on
> a network separate from the two internal interfaces, the DMZ
> configuration block looks like:
>
> DMZ_SWITCH=PRIVATE
> DMZ_IF="eth3"
> DMZ_NET=172.20.0.0/16
> DMZ_OUTBOUND_ALL=YES
> DMZ_SERVER0="tcp ${EXTERN_IP} www 172.20.0.1 www"
> DMZ_SERVER1="udp ${EXTERN_IP} www 172.20.0.1 www"

This all looks OK, once you get the right scripts in place...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net