On a related note, I was having problems after I started using squid on a
dachstein CD (default RAM disk size) on a P75 with 32MB of RAM.  After
installing squid it would work fine for a while and then I'd start
periodically seeing messages like:
  VM Process Killing: {different service name}
  VM Process Killing: {different service name}
  VM Process Killing: {different service name}

as services stopped.  The error message are from my memory so it may not be
exact, but should be close.  I assume this is the kernel killing processes
since it is low on virtual memory to keep the kernel from running out of VM
and crashing.  Anyone else running into this?  BTW, this is running as
proxy-only, no caching.

I also wanted to log squid to a remote machine but the usual syslog.conf *.*
#re.mo.te.ip didn't seem to work, no squid logs that I could find appeared
on there remote server.  Does squid not use the syslog daemon?

Thanks,
Todd