At 05:37 PM 12/14/01 -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
>Interestingly, under the kernel that is functioning properly, there is
>*NO* /proc/ide !?!?

>So, how is this handling the IDE hdd?  Is it using scsi to interpret
>ide?

It would be easier to answer this if we know what kernel version was
involved. An earlier message mentioned "Under the original slink, *ALL* of
this functions properly!" So I dusted off my old Slink workstation and
started it up. My version runs kernel 2.0.36; is that what we are talking
about as "original"?

If so, I match your observation that there is no /proc/ide ... but the
changes between kernel 2.0.x and 2.2.x were pretty far-reaching ...
contrasted with a Potato workstation running 2.2.19, the /proc
pseudo-directory differs in many ways, with many fewer file-style paths into
kernel variables than the newer kernels have ... so I wouldn't worry much
about this one difference.

I'm sure it isn't using scci to "interpret" ide, since none of my systems
include scsi drives or drivers.