Just downloaded the floppy .bin , built a 1680 fd (on suse box)
popped it in the Aptiva doorstop, and away we went!
This is truly cookin' as a firewall.
My hat goes off to all of you.

I still had to replace the natsemi.o module with my own compiled a few
days ago. Not sure what would be different, but my natsemi.o is about 2K
bytes larger than the one that ships in your current image.
(most important it works for my fa311 boards.)

Alltogether a fantastic accomplishment.
I am writing this from the e-e-evil windoze box, but soon we will have
  a more purely linux network here.

Thanks again.