I got a pentium machine from the office, it is a Dell
Optiplex GS1, it has an IDE CDROM. After updating the
BIOS I found out that a CD boot is not an option! :(

How to hack a solution?

Can I put LILO on the HD and then have LILO default to
booting the CDROM?

Has anyone done this, will this work? Does anyone have
any ideas on how to install LILO on the HD without
putting Linux on it?

Yeah there is win95 on it. :( I was thinking of using
partition MAgic to move space around and put a Linux
partition on it... but was hoping to save those steps
by installing LILO directly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Rich