Richard Hughes wrote:

>I got a pentium machine from the office, it is a Dell
>Optiplex GS1, it has an IDE CDROM. After updating the
>BIOS I found out that a CD boot is not an option! :(
>
>How to hack a solution?

You can either use a (boot-)floppy for booting and load additional
packages from cdrom, or you can install the syslinux bootloader on the
harddisk. The first approach is documented in the README.txt  file on
the Dachstein cdrom. This has the advantage that it should work almost
out-of-the-box. Another advantage is that you can remove the harddisk
which produces heat and noise. The obvious disadvantage is that booting
from a floppy is a little slower.

If you really don't want to use a sloppy-disk, ask again.

Ewald Wasscher