> I can't seem to find the Samsung LCD display as used on charles's site.
As i live in Australia, is there anyone who knows where to get it?  Will
import if needed. thanks.

Anything based on the HD44780 microcontroller will work with LCDProc, as
long as you wire it up correctly. I've made a couple of these based on the
'winamp' wiring configuration, you just need to tell LCDProc that you're
using that wiring schematic when you run it.

I'm using one LCD from Altronics in Perth:
http://www.altronics.com.au/cat.asp?cat=2&grp=102&id=Z+7011

Dick Smith and Jaycar have similar models too. If you want to be sure, ask
for a datasheet from them and check that the pins are the same as in the
schematic you want to use. This diagram's worked for me:
http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/images/lcd_parallel_8bit.gif

Just be careful where you tap the +5v off.. Try taking it off a USB port or
something with low current. The 5v power rails can be a bit nasty esp for a
small trimpot. :)

Hope that helps!

Dave Hng