Hi folks,
I'm trying to understand how to create my own bootable CD and some of you have been kind enough to respond. Charles relied to me by saying:

Create a new CD image using appropriate software...make sure you use the bootdisk.bin disk image to make the CD bootable.  The proper mkisofs command
is included in the CD-ROM readme.

I don't understand how to use the bootdisk.bin image with my Nero software to create the CD (I think Nero only recognizes .nrg, .iso, or .cue files...not .bin)??? He goes on to say:

WARNING:  If you need to change root.lrp, the kernel, or any syslinux settings (including root ramdisk size), you'll need to modify the bootdisk.bin floppy-disk image...it's a plain 1.44 Meg disk image, and can be manipulated with all the normal tools (dd, winiamge, rawrite, &c).

What does he mean "modify" the bootdisk.bin image, and why would you want to or need to???

Thank you,
Craig