Hi Folks

I have my Dachstein release up and running with 4 NIC's and would like to
be able to access and configure the box without a keyboard and screen
attached. As this may not be the standard set up the documentation lacks a
little here. I had to twiddle and play with a few parameters and config
files to get dnscache up and running cleanly on all interfaces. The
documentation of dnscache leaves room for interpretation.

Now I am faced with the problem of remote set up and configuration.

1) I would like to access the weblet engine on the primary link. I added a
new rule to the input chain which should allow access to port 80 on the
external interface but to no avail. I get an ACCEPT on the input chain and
I see traffic between the boxes but I will not get any sensible output.

2) Has anyone ever tried a telnetd on this set up.

Thanks

Erich Titl

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16