I think I've put this out to the list already but just in case......

I have been able to successfully boot a floppy version of Dachstein (thanks
again Charles) so that I am able to mount the DOC.  I am not able to
transfer the system to the DOC and boot from it.  The Dachstein LINUXRC has
the recommended DiskOnChip entries, as does the root.mount file.

Here are the steps I have take to attempt to transfer the system to DOC.

- run syslinux against the C: drive from DOS

- copy all floppy files to C: (the DiskOnChip).

- edit the syslinux.cfg to boot from /dev/fla1

- run 'rdev c:linux. 100 1' to change the kernal (floppy boot indicates
that 'fla' is found at major 100)

- boot the PC without floppy.

This results in an immediate 'boot fail' message.  Note that I have tried
minor:1 and minor:0 both with same result.  Could there be a problem with
the boot sector information?  Does 'syslinux' work properly on D.O.C.?

Any further input from the list would be very helpful

Thanks

John