I'm trying to set up 2 Dachstein CD systems to create a VPN. The CD
 version is wonderful by the way.
 All seems well but the networks don't see each other. Running 'ipsec
 look' shows a connection between the 2 firewalls and there are
 appropriate routes set up on each machine but no traffic goes between
 the 2 networks. I can't ping either way or see the web pages set up on
 one machine.
I also can't do a traceroute from a workstation beyond eth1 on the firewall
even though there is a route to the other network.
 Does anyone have a suggestion of the next step to diagnose the problems
 or a resource to help track down the problem?

CS> Verify you are not dropping protocol 50 (or 51) packets at the
firewalls, and try to figure out where the packets are getting lost.  You
can generally use the output of "net ipfilter list" to do both, paying
attention to the byte and packet counts.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net