> The other question I am still working on is this damn serial terminal
> problem.  I am still able to get the echo out, and the login says (so on
and
> so on)  ttyS0, so I know that it is at least allowing a login from the
> terminal, but I still cannot transmit data.  This is really starting to
> bother me...

Are you sure your cable is OK?  Serial ports will work fine in one direction
only if you're missing the RxD or TxD line.

Also, are both ends happy with the handshaking?  Try setting handshaking to
"none", if you haven't already...even then, some systems will *NOT* ignore
the hardware handshaking signals, and you have to have a properly made
null-modem cable for things to work properly.

There's a reason they sell those little "serial breakout boxes" with the
switches, LED's, and jumper wires, and why there's one burried somewhere in
most IT departments ;-)

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net