On Thursday 14 February 2002 15:47, Joey Officer wrote:
> Although I applaud your efforts, in your second example of the disk
> image you have removed the dhcpd file.  This is quite a necessity in
> configuring the internal network, unless you are using static IPs
> internally... Instead of stripping out complete LRP files, I have
> removed the extra NIC modules, however, and I have added the serial.o
> module for use in serial terminals. Although I don't have it working
> on my machine, everything appears to fit quite nicely.  I would be
> glad to post a similar image this evening as I complete the binary
> disk image file.

Joey,
That is why I made two images (one with dhcpd, but not dhclient for
exactly the reason you are stating).... dhclient is helpful if you have
an external dhcp connection. I stripped quite a few modules myself, that
are available at this link if needed:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/cstein/files/kernels/Dachstein-small/modules/

A couple of us do use VPN and dhclient (I do or I wouldn't have
bothered with it). If you have fit both dhclient and dhcpd on a
1680KB disk, I'll be more than happy to eliminate the images I
made and suggest your image!

I couldn't do it and keep the other options I wanted on a 1680K image!

Thanks for the info!!!
Let me know how yours ends up working!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!