Hello,

Sorry to bug you guys like this, and it's a sunday! Anyways, I'm really
desperate. I've already sent a message to the LEAF user mailing list,
and still awaiting any replies. I'm having a permission denied problem
if I run "pppd" using a non-root account. This is the reason why I can't
log (dial-in) non-root accounts into my Dachstein box. If I were to
change the property of the binary to execute on all users (chmod 777
pppd), I get a "-pppd: must be root to run -pppd, since it is not
setuid-root" message. If I change the permission further in order to get
a suid bit (chmod 4755 pppd), the said message remains, and more than
that, the binary will fail to work at all.
This problem applies to all pppd v2.3.xx found on the LEAF site.

Are there any special requirements on the accounts that I must create in
order for pppd (or login???) to accept my dial-in attemps?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.