Charles wrote:

> The dhclient enter and exit hooks scripts are the cleanest location
> for this sort of code, AFAIK.

Charles, or anyone, help!

I was trying to diagnose why the code that reloads the network in the
Dachstein  dhclient_exit_hooks gets executed every time the lease
renews. I printed out the new and old ip address variables and the
reason variable, and waited for my setup to renew the lease. And
waitied for the lease to be renewed.

Reason was BOUND, new_ip_address was 208.191.181.169 (this hasn't
changed since November last year), and old_ip_address was blank!
This certainly explains why the reload_all() routine in
dhclient_exit_hooks gets called so often! $old_ip_address never
equals $new_ip_address!

I grepped for this variable everywhere and don't see where it is set.
Can you tell me where it is set, or should be set?

It looks to me like this logic is not quite right and hasn't been for
quite a while. But it's very close to being right!

Tim Wegner