How to corrupt your root.lrp file....

I encountered a problem with leaf (running Dachstein on hard drive).
When I went to back-up root using lrcfg, the size of the file to be
backed up was much smaller than the one I had booted from.  (about 1.1M
versus 1.6M).  The reason for this is that my ram disk size, although
large enough to accomodate my running system, was not large enough to
hold everything, plus an extra temporary copy of root.lrp.  The cure was
to bump the ram disk size up from 8096 to 10240 in syslinux.cfg.

(backing up the system created an unbootable system.  fortunately, I
keep a duplicate hard drive backup.  but it made for an unpleasant
evening...)

Wishing you good routing,

Pete Dubler