In this case, I have convinced them to host their
Website and Email with a service.  The local access
would be for Email access (POP) and Web browsing only.

The local DSL provider (SNET telco) uses PPPoE last I
checked.  None of the local cable providers do.  Good
point about checking with the locals about service
quality.  I think SNET is oversold.  The local cable
provider (in my area at least) recently capped 1t
1500/128.  Their area may differ...

Mostly I was concerned with PPPoE, since I have no
experience with that type of connection.  Ethernet is a
no-brainer.

Thanks!

Sean