Hey Craig,

Well to answer your first question, ae is the editor you use, just type ae
at a command prompt and you should be good, then its just <CTRL>+W to save
the file - so you could just type the file name at the prompt /etc/LaBrea.in
or whatever the file name is....

To edit the dhclient-exit-hooks you run lrcfg at a command prompt, then
choose options "3) Package Settings", "4) dhclient" (at least its the 4th
package on my box), and finally "5) dhclient-exit-hooks"  after you're done
editing you just hit <CTRL>+Q and type y to save the changes.

The easiest way to copy and paste text to your box is to run Putty (at least
in a windows environment).  You will need to be running SSH to use this.
SSH is on your Dachstein CD (assuming you're using the CD version).  If you
aren't running SSH already here is an (older) document that might help to
get you started:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1441&group_id=13751

you can also check the readme.txt contained on the CD:

http://lrp1.steinkuehler.net/files/diskimages/dachstein-CD/README.txt

assuming you are running SSH properly and are using putty, just highlite the
text you want (from the email), right click on it and choose copy.  Then to
paste it into the putty window right click on the window - and it
automagically gets typed in.  Putty tends to mess tabs up tho - so you may
have some deleting to do.

Putty is available here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

HTH