At 2002-03-11 12:40 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I'm trying to set up a PPTP connection between two LEAF:s, it's as a
>backup for an existing direct router connection between two offices.
>The PPTP connection established between the LEAF:s and ping shows ok,
>but when doing high traffic the timeouts are BIG. If I try to do the
>same PPTP over our existing WAN it's work perfect. Could it bee a MTU,
>MRU problem which results in fragmented packets? Ping packets size way
>under the MTU works, but packet near MTU are dropped or times out.
>
>(I can't do IPSec)

Paul,
Please provided us with output from the following commands on both machines.

# uname -a
# ip addr show
# ip route show

Also, take a look at the *ping* FAQs, and let us know the failure responses.
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=4099&group_id=13751

Note: this is the minimum of information that is needed to resolve your
problem. We may require additional information to help you.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/