----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 3:40 AM
Subject: [Leaf-user] PPTP performance.

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to set up a PPTP connection between two LEAF:s, it's as a
backup
> for an existing direct router connection between two offices.
> The PPTP connection established between the LEAF:s and ping shows ok, but
> when doing high traffic the timeouts are BIG.
> If I try to do the same PPTP over our existing WAN it's work perfect.
> Could it bee a MTU, MRU problem which results in fragmented packets?
> Ping packets size way under the MTU works, but packet near MTU are dropped
> or times out.

In addition to the issues raised by Mike and Charles, you might also look at
the log on the PPTP client's side to see if you are seeing lots of
out-of-order GRE packets. The Linux PPTP server performs rudimentry packet
reordering but the client does not. This can cause poor performance in cases
where there are multiple paths between the client and server and usually
shows up when you are sending large messages.

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]