From: Ralph Buoncristiani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Leaf-user] LRP behind Cisco Router, FTP?, DMZ?

All,

I have successfully configured two LRP boxes, one on my home network which
uses DHCP and one at
my office using a fixed IP address.  Pretty much "cookbook'ed" the office
setup from the great
documentation provided by Richard Lohman (thanks!).  My office ISP is
WinStar. They installed a
Cisco 1720 series router as my access point.  I have configured Eiger2Beta
to my office network
as follows.  Works seamlessly except for FTP.

           WWW          \
            |           |
    ------------------- |
    | 63.143.203.14   | |
    |Cisco 1720 Router| |--Provided by my ISP
    |   10.0.1.1      | |
    ------------------- |
            |           |
         SWITCH         |
            |           /
    -------------------------
    |   10.0.1.2 (eth0)     |
    |      LRP              |
    | 192.168.100.241 (eth1)|
    -------------------------

         SWITCH ------------------>-Workstations 1-9

    -------------------
    | 192.168.100.254 |
    |  Server1        |
    -------------------

I have tried to configure the LRP box directly to WWW using the fixed
address provided to me. I
was told it wouldn't work by my ISP (and it doesn't) - not sure
why??  Assumed FTP won't work
because of NAT done by the Cisco router.  Any suggestions?

I would like to add a DMZ and (possibly later VPN) off the LRP
box.  Winstar said they will reconfigure the Cisco router if I ask them
(not sure what to ask them though).  Not sure where to start.  Any
suggestions on setup options?

Thanks,
Ralph

Sorry if my terminology/explanation is poor - my occupation has nothing to
do with computers and I learn by reading only.