Hi,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.  Here goes:

I'm running dachstein on a 1722K floppy, with dhclient.lrp,
dhcpd.lrp, daemontl.lrp, tinydns.lrp and dnscache.lrp.  Currently
I'm in the testing phase, but I hope to use this setup in a
couple of situations soon.

Question:

DMACHINE, (Better know as my dachstein 233MHZ machine), uses
the dhclient to obtain an IP for it's eth0 interface.  Also in
the lease information, is the external DNS server IP(s).
Normally, the dhclient would update /etc/resolv.conf with this
DNS information, but I've turned this functionality off, and
instead have an resolv.conf entry point to my eth1 interface,
on which dnscache is running.  dnscache uses tinydns, (running
on the loopback interface), for my internal network DNS resolution.

I would like dnscache to use the DNS server IP(s) in the lease
information for external resolution, (without manually updating
the configuration).  One way to do this is to update
/etc/dnscache/env/DNS0 (or /etc/dnscache/env/DNS1) after
the dhcplient lease has been aquired, and start/restart the
dnscache server.

Is "something" like this functionality already implemented?

Much thanks guys and gals

Will