I've downloaded and created a boot floppy with Bering v1.0-rc1.  I've got a nic with a
RealTek 8139 chip, so I copied and installed the
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/modules/drivers/net/8139cp.o
driver.  When booting, it gives me 4 undefined symbols, the first of which is
"mii_ethtool_sset" (the others start with "mii_" too).

Which module do I need to install to satisfy the linker?  I can run Dachstein with the
rtl8139.o and pci_scan.o modules with no problems.

In searching the internet I ran across this:
http://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/patches/2.4.18/8139-2.4.18.3.patch
 :

"Subject: PATCH 2.4.18.3: net drvrs 8139too/cp update

8139cp: make it faster, support MII ethtool interface
8139too: support MII ethtool interface, fix bugs,
     add experimental RX reset (defaulted to OFF)
     which I need important testing and feedback on.
     This "rx reset" is -probably- a bug fix, I do not
     know until wider testing.

note - this patch requires "ethtool MII interface" patch."

Another web page,
http://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/patches/2.4.18/mii-2.4.18.3.patch
 ,  has a line: "+obj-$(CONFIG_8139CP) += 8139cp.o mii.o", perhaps I need mii.o?

Thanx, Doug.