John Stauffer wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> I do use the hosts file to resolve the names Bering needs to. I'd rather
> have the space for sshd and other packages I may need. I haven't used
> tinydns for any of my setups since I started using lrp with ppp in 1999.
>
> John

Ahaa.  Ok that's what I figured was going on.  When
you connect to your LEAF sshd from your internal LAN,
the sshd does a reverse lookup on the client's ip address.

Does the sshd login delay for 10's of seconds until
it does the lookup from /etc/hosts?

Or do you have your LEAF nsswitch.conf set to look at
hosts first and dns second?

I think it's good to hear how others solve that exact
delay issue I solved by setting up tinydns.
Matt