Steve Fink wrote:
> Gary,
>
>       The main purpose behind LEAF is to provide firewalling security and a
> secure gateway to the internet for more than one machine.

   That's an understandable, but common misperception.  Oxygen
is certainly not limited to that description nor was it designed
to be so.  Think along the lines that LEAF means Linux Embedded
Appliance Framework, Foundry, Facilitilizer :)

   Mike Noyes and the dev team hasn't been able to clarify
the meaning of the 'F' part at this time because Sourceforge
has some strict rules on modifying the goal/purpose/raison d'etre.

>       Samba follows MS's topologies in order to provide the service(s) to MS
> Networked Computers.  Samba is more secure than an actual MS file server but
> yet it still poses some security risks.  Therefore...  The act of putting
> Samba on a LEAF box would pose some security risk.  I do not believe there
> are any LRP/LEAF packages available to add Samba.

   Samba my be available....

>       Setting up a small Samba server inside your network parallel to your LEAF
> system makes a whole lot more sense.

   I think Gary was thinking along these lines to start.
I don't think he means to put Samba on his firewall.

   In any event, for a wide range of packages, take a look
at what David has available here:

      http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/ddouthitt/packages/

   In there, one will find an smbconf.lrp package that may be
what's requested.  Perhaps someone can confirm what that package
actually does.  The documentation apparently is only comments
inline with the scripting files.

Regards,
Matthew