Hi all

> Wouldn't it be possible to do a reverse lookup on all blocked IPs (via a
> script) when they are blocked, add it to a file, and then every
> few hours do
> another lookup to see if the FQDN associated with the IP has
> changed - (if
> it has then remove it from list)?  This does of course assume
> that the FQDN
> associated with a dynamic IP changes when the lease does.

Wouldn't it be possible to just do a scheduled "svi network ipfilter reload"
and all IPCHAINS rules added by portsentry will be deleted? The block file
of portsentry should be null'ed. (not the block log, but the block file)
The interval can be set as a parameter in network.conf. I know that for
example Watchguard is flushing all IP's blocked by the portscanner detector
every 30min by default.

Good idea?

---
Sandro Minola           | LEAF Developer (http://leaf.sourceforge.net)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.minola.ch    | http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/sminola
-
My PGP key is at: http://www.minola.ch/pgp/sminola.asc
---