Hi!

VMWare does not support 1.68 Floppies!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Credeur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 1:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Leaf-user] VMWare Fails to boot

I have tried to boot the bering-1.0-rc1 and dachstein-1.0.2 images with
VMWare Workstation for Windows v. 3.0 and 3.1.  I also tried this with
an older LRP disk that we have been using in production and I get the
same results.

Each time, root.lrp loads and the kernel loads and starts to run,
however, when LINUXRC begins to install its packages VMWare fails with
the following message:
    VMware Workstation Unrecoverable error: (VMX)
    AIO: NOT IMPLEMENTED F(554):2708 bugNr=1971

Any ideas?

Has anyone been able to successfully use an LRP image under VMWare
Workstation?  (Linux or Windows?)

Thanks,
Brian