> Thank you Charles. Do you mean 'bang' by hitting some random keys, several
times, and by 'cat' as e.g.

> cat file1 > file2 and so on
>
> I am doing it now but see no efect yet.

Yes, that's what I mean.  Note that you have to be on the *actual* keyboard
(remote terminals don't work).  I think when using cat, you need to send the
output to the screen, so cat file1 > file2 wouldn't work, but I'm not sure.
IIRC, you get about 0.04 bytes of randomness for each byte sent to stdout...

You can also generate keys on another workstations and copy them to the
firewall...this is often more convinent, especially if the VPN gateway is a
remote box...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net