If I recall correctly, ipsec.secrets will NOT allow a catch-all entry if
you are using preshared secrets.  That's the reason you want to go to
RSA keys if you have a dynamic end to the tunnel - they will allow this,
if you set a name as Charles suggested.

If you want to stay with the preshared secrets, I'd suggest adding a
dynamic dns daemon on the dynamic end so that you can find the gateway
with ssh - you'll need to edit ipsec.secrets everytime the IP changes!

Once you get your head around RSA, you'll wonder why you wasted any time
with the shared secrets ;-)

Brock