On Friday 26 April 2002 19:37, Victor McAllister wrote:
> "Chen, Elvis" wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm considering buying a pair of VoIP Blaster from
> > Creative Lab
> > (http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?Product=203&;
> >MainCategory=7&Centric=&SearchSite=yes) for US$20.  The original
> > software that comes with it
> > (from Creative) does NOT work behind firewall/NAT, so
> > I plan to use alternative (and open source) software
> > from fobbit (http://www.fobbit.com/).
> >
> > According to the fobbit-FAQ, to get it working behind
> > NAT, I need to open 2 ports for TCP/UDP, and it gets
> > worse if I want to have multiple VoIP behind the
> > firewall.
> >
> > My question is, has anyone tried this with Dachstein
> > LRP?  Is there a masq-module that will handle fobbit
> > traffic automatically so no ports need to be open?
> >
> > thx in advance,

Being USB, they won't use the ttyS0/S1 as mentioned earlier (I think).
I'm not sure how you are attempting to use them, so I can't imagine
if they are possible for use with LEAF. I've done some research
into looking at building a Linux based PBX controller for some telecom
work I've done and the Asterisk project (w/GnomePhone) was by far
the easiest project to work with. I think they also have come up with
working drivers for the USB VoIP Blaster product as well.

You can check it out at:
http://www.asteriskpbx.com/main/index.html
Check the mailing list archives for recent information on the VoIP
Blaster successes.

GNU Bayonne project is also similar, but unless you love working with
C source code, I don't think you'll have as much luck with this project.

I hope this helps!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!