Hi Jacques,
I have tried rc2, same result.
I have checked your user manual and your installation manual.

I want to setup a router that grants access for wireless
clients to the internal net and the whole wide world.

All interfaces are working.
I can setup a bridge using brctl and ip.
but when I use ifup, I get the  message of missing variables.

If you need more information, please ask for it.

Jacques Nilo schrieb:

> > I am using bering beta4.
> You should not. Beta4 was beta :-). Switch to rc2.
> > I want to configure my box as an wireless access point.
> Have you checked:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/buwireless.html
> > When booting, I get this error message:
> > <begin>
> > Configuring network interfaces: Operation failed.
> > eth1: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses.
> > Don't seem to be have all the variables for br0/inet.
> > done.
> > <end>
> > I can setup the bridge manually according to the Bridge-Howto.
> Yes. In this case do not use the bridge section of the interfaces file. Comment
> them out.
> > What am I missing?
> What are your trying to achieve ?
> Jacques