I am installing a diskonmodule in my LEAF Bering firewall. All is going
well, and I have Bering recognising the disk through the ide modules,
however, I'm having real difficulty getting syslinux on. I've tried a dos
boot disk with syslinux 1.72. That wouldn't work, as even after 'lock c:'
I'm still getting 'cannot get exclusive lock on disk' (with no option to
ignore) I tried three different Linux rescue disks (the system has no
CD-ROM), including Bering itself, with the syslinux.lrp package (I think
from Oxygen) All gave the same result - segmentation fault (maybe to do with
glib versions I guess)

Should I maybe use LILO? (Any tips about what should go in the lilo.conf for
Bering?)

Or does someone know of a syslinux version or setup that will work for me?

Many thanks
Dave