My son has been giving me a hard time since he has not been able to get his
Mech 4 fix ever since I set up my Bering box. Yes, I know that it is
supposed to be a terrible thing to open up a firewall for game play but a
balance must be realized.

By chance has anyone gone through the process of configuring Shorewall so
that you can play MechWarrior 4 on the Internet. I have been reading the
documentation and it states...

[/snip]

The following TCP ports must be open: 27999, 28805, 28806, 28807, 28808
The following UDP port must be open: 28800

and...

Connection      Client configuration    Host configuration
Initial TCP Connection  47624 Outbound  47624 Inbound
Subsequent Inbound TCP Connections      2300-2400       2300-2400
Subsequent Outbound TCP Connections     2300-2400       2300-2400
Subsequent Inbound UDP Connections      2300-2400       2300-2400
Subsequent Outbound UDP Connections     2300-2400       2300-2400

[/end snip]

Unfortunately, the rules modification that I have made have not worked. If
someone would be kind enough to recommend a set of rules for this, it would
be much appreciated.

Regards,
Eric