On Wednesday 29 May 2002 03:24, Stefaan Van Dooren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a system based on the Dachstein 1.0.2 iso CD
> image. I downloaded the image, did a mount -o loop under linux and
> tried to copy all the files to a diskonchip module. Everything got
> copied fine, except for the usb, scsi, net, misc modules. Some of the
> misc modules are copied just fine, starting from via82cxxx it goes
> wrong (alphabetical order).

Well, the modules are not in a package on the CD, but rather a folder
named modules. This is fine on the .iso format, but will not work
on a msdos formatted harddrive because of DOS fs limitations.
You will need to transfer the modules on the CD to the "/lib/modules"
directory, change the "bang" command in /etc/modules to reflect that
the modules are now in "/lib/modules", and do a full backup of the
"modules" package.

I hope this helps!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!