See below.

At 08:50 AM 5/30/02 -0500, Homer Parker wrote:
>         Having a bit of trouble getting my wireless card to be the external
>interface (wireless ISP).. Any pointers, tips, tricks, etc appreciated..
>I'm currently trying to get everything reversed so eth1 is external, but
>that seems to be a bandaid approach... Also having another 'little'
>problem (asides from forgetting to go to bad last night ;).. On bootup,
>the dhclient is trying to get an IP address, but doesn't succeed.. I don't
>see it's requests in the logs for the dhcp server... But, once it's
>booted, if I log in and run '/etc/init.d/dhclient restart', it comes up
>with an IP just fine... This is through the wireless interface... Any
>ideas?

 From other recent reports on the list, a problem with wireless interfaces
*seems* to be the amount of time they take to initialize. This leads to
your DHCP client trying to get a lease via the wireless interface before it
completes the initialization process. Of course, later the initialization
is complete, so you can get a lease successfully from the command line.

I *think* the proposed solution was simply to put a delay into the init
sequence somewhere ... but you'd do better to check the list archive for
the details than to rely on my memory.

As to the interface order ... the usual approach (at least when the two
NICs use different modules, as would surely be the case here) is to reverse
the order in which the modules load (that is, change their order in
/etc/modules). Since you don't say (at least not in the body of your
message) what you've tried, I don't know if this suggestion is helpful or
is something you tried already.

--