Hi everybody.  I have a problem you may be able to assist me with.

I have a Eigerstein floppy happily routing away on a Pentium 120 with 16
MB of RAM and two old PCI DEC chipset NICs.  The version of Tulip that
comes with Eigerstein works fine.  My connection is to Bigpond Australia
Cable which uses DHCP.  The DHClient included in Eigerstein works fine.

But....I would like to upgrade to Dachstein or a derivative to take
advantage of advances in security and function (and smaller sizes
because I would like to get SSH working as well).  When I try to run
Dachstein with the same configuration as I have in the Eigerstein, my
Eth0 doesn't receive any DCHP offers.

My question for you gentlemen is 'Do you know of any changes between
Eigerstein and Dachstien that might cause this?'.  Could the Tulip
driver have this sort of effect?  Is there some changes in the
firewalling that might cause this (this is unlikely because I have tried
a Dachstein distribution with BigPond Cable connect that works for
someone else, but it still didn't work for me.  Same problem.)?  Are
there changes to the DHClient software that might do this?   Should the
old version from Eigerstein work with Dachstein?

A lot of words for the one question.  Any advice gratefully accepted.

David Pitts