There is a FAQ on this here:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=4427&group_id=13751

I use it to access my box currently.

Let me know if it is just the one port.  I think
Terminal Server uses 3389 and Citrix uses 1494.  I
probably need to update the FAQ.

-sp

On Tue, 04 June 2002, Ray Olszewski wrote

> At 09:37 AM 6/4/02 -0400, Jaime Goncalves wrote:
> >Hi I'm trying to rdp into my win2k server behind my
lrp box this is the
> >command to open the port on the lrp box from the
command line  "ipchains
> >-A  forward -p tcp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3389 -d
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3389 -j
> >ACCEPT"
> >can any one see a problem with the syntax
>

> The syntax looks fine.
>
> But in choosing to conceal the IP addresses involved,
you left open the
> question of whether this setup is a simple router or
a NAT'ing router. If
> the LEAF router is NAT'ing, you'll need to add a
port-forwarding entry (via
> ipmasqadm) instead of this ipchains entry. And in any
case, you may need to
> modify the input chain to ACCEPT incoming traffic
from or to (or both) port
> 3389. (And since I am unacqquainted with the rdp
service, I don't actuaally
> know that it can be made to work through a NAT'd
connection at all.)

> Oh, one qualification on my syntax comment ... you
are adding (-A) this
> rule rather than inserting (-I ##) it. This means it
gets put at the *end*
> of the forward chain. Since packets pass through the
rules of a chain in
> order until they hit a matching one, it is possible
that some rule prior to
> the one you are creating will catch and act on the
packets. This is why a
> chain's rules have to be evaluated as a set, not
singly, in isolation.

> If this really was just a question about the syntax
of ipchains commends,
> then you are set. If you are experiencing trouble
with the hookup, though
> (as I suspect), you'll probably need to post a more
complete trouble
> descriptnion. See the "SR FAQ" link below for help if
you need to do this.
> --
tell me the
> Ray Olszewski                                      -- Han Solo
> Palo Alto, California, USA                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Don't miss the 2002 Sprint PCS Application
Developer's Conference
http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm

http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html