On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, John Mullan wrote:

> I have tried that as well.  It allows the LEAF box to resolve
> "mullan.dns2go.com" to 192.168.1.128 (by using PING on the LEAF box) but
> nobody else on the network.  They still get the external IP as resolved
> by DNS2GO's servers.

Do a search on "split dns" ... you need to point your internal systems to
a tinydns or BIND server inside your network.  It becomes authoritative
within that scope and intercepts dns requests from your internal machines
and feeds back what you want them to use.

tinydns/dnscache is a common team on LEAF routers for this.

The "private.domain" thing in network.conf feeds into internal
configuration on the router... it is not fed to the clients on the
internal network.

> John

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing