On Wednesday 05 June 2002 21:54, John Mullan wrote:
> I have tried that as well.  It allows the LEAF box to resolve
> "mullan.dns2go.com" to 192.168.1.128 (by using PING on the LEAF box)
> but nobody else on the network.  They still get the external IP as
> resolved by DNS2GO's servers.

By chance have any of you attempted to declare "files" before "dns"
in /etc/nsswitch.conf???

By doing this, any host/network listed in nsswitch.conf should resolve
according to the order listed in this .conf file.
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!