Howdy,

I've been setting up a VPN.  One of my clients has a Charter Pipeline
internet connection at home, and wants to communicate with the LEAF box
at his work via FreeS/WAN.  I got him a D-Link firewall box to stick
between his cable modem and his computer as an added layer of security.
Then I had him do a traceroute to www.yahoo.com so I could get his
"nexthop" information to configure /etc/ipsec.conf.  From this file, I
noted:

1  192.168.0.1 {d-link box}
2  10.d.e.f    {Charter Pipeline gateway saving IP's!}
3  24.205.g.h  {a real IP that can be pinged from the outside world}
4  {and so forth to www.yahoo.com}

So his network looks like:

192.168.0.115 {internal machine address}

192.168.0.1 {d-link internal address}
10.a.b.c    {d-link external address}

10.d.e.f    {Charter cable internal gateway}
24.205.g.h  {Charter cable external gateway - pingable from outside}

Charter Pipeline is apparently saving money by using IP masquerading
themselves.  This leaves me with a problem defining "right /
rightnexthop / rightsubnet" in /etc/ipsec.conf.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon