On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Eric Kubischta wrote:

> Thank you again all -
>
> I read this file:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/guitarlynn/ipsec.txt
>
> And tried to follow these steps:
> "snip"  To setup this type of connection:
>       1) open the protocols 50 and 51 on your firewall
>       2) open port 500 on your firewall
>       3) load the ip_masq_ipsec.o module and add it to /etc/modules
>         4) use the "ipfwd" utility to forward the port to the internal
> network. Ipmasq will not forward the necessary protocol.
> "snip"
>
> Here is what I have tried to enable pass through of my VPN connection.
>
> Added the following lines to the network.conf
>

> EXTERN_UDP_PORTS="0/0_domain 0/0_bootpc 0/0_500"

Okay.

> EXTERN_TCP_PORT0="50 0/0"
> EXTERN_TCP_PORT1"51 0/0"

Not okay.  IP packets can be of the TCP protocol type (6), or UDP (17), or
"other". We can only talk about "ports" once we have agreed to use a
protocol that includes them, like TCP or UDP.  Protocols 50 and 50 are
different from the "ports" defined in protocols 6 and 17 in much the same
way apples are different from donut holes: without the donut, a donut hole
doesn't have much meaning.

I haven't done this myself, but I think you need to look for something
more like:

  EXTERN_PROTO0="50 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/24"

> made sure that the following line is in the loaded modules
> ip_masq_ipsec
>
> I am not sure on how to use the ipfwd utility....
>
> Does it look like I am doing this right?  I apoligize greatly for my lack of
> ability!  Any help would be great.

Please don't apologize for lack of ability... if you must apologize, let
it be for rudeness.  Fortunately there seems little danger of that. :)

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing