> At first I tried the following:
>
> - Unzip-untar root.lrp into a temp dir.
> - Change the scripts
> - tar and zip
> - Mount the bootdisk.bin as you suggested and then created the ISO
>
> But I got so many errors when booting the CD because of the changes to
> scripts (root.dev.mk and root.dev.mod in var/lib/lrpkg). And I am
pretty
> sure I did modify them correctly. But I must say that I used RedHat 7
> machine, so it may be problem. That's why I did as in my previous
message.

I always use a running LEAF system to produce LRP packages.  There are
some oddities to the versions of tar and gzip used which can cause you
problems if you're using the full GNU versions.  I typically just do a
full backup of whatever package I'm working on, but switch to an
alternate console (or ssh session, or whatever) at the prompt asking if
there's enough available space to copy the new package (which will be
sitting in /tmp) to a development machine.  Then answer "no" to the
backup space question, and you've created your new package.

Another handy trick when playing with root.lrp that saves me a lot of
time is running /linuxrc manually *BEFORE* you make a new boot image and
reboot.  You'll get several errors (due to things like /proc already
being mounted), but you can catch any fatal script errors w/o burning a
new CD (or floppy), and waiting for the whole boot process.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net