On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:15:24PM +0000, Scott C. Best wrote:
> Tony:
>       Heya. Yes, the 10.x.y.z private IP address range is blocked
> by the default firewall script that comes with Dachstein. You may
> want to try "echowall.lrp" which I built for Dachstein which doesn't
> do this. I had the same trouble with the standard Dachstein ruleset,
> and before long I had so many customizations to it, it became its
> own package. :)
>
>       If you want to keep using the default Dachstein firewall
> for whatever reason, I believe the changes you need to make are in
> the network.conf file. Should be easy to find in there...

I had to get past that once... What I did (if memory, and old comments
serve) was in ipfilter.conf:

~line 208:
$IPCH -A $LIST -j DENY -p all  -s 10.0.0.0/8 -d 0/0 -l $*

~line 420:
$IPCH -A input -j DENY -p all -s 0/0 -d 10.0.0.0/8 -i $EXTERN_RIF

~line 502:
$IPCH -A output -j DENY -p all -s 0/0 -d 10.0.0.0/8 -i $EXTERN_RIF

comment out those lines, and the rules don't get made...

I had a nasty time finding them, but it worked...

HTH
Jon Clausen