This is exactly my problem with Bering and Dachstein (but not with
Eigerstein!).

Is it too lazy of me to ask someone to offer a script line that will
allow packets from 10.96.4.1 for Shorewall and Dachstein??

I have a couple of questions though that might help my understanding of
this whole thing.  One, how does this impact on my internal DHCP server?
I'm using the default 192.168.1.x subnet.  And two, does this mean the
firewall loads before DHCLient runs?  Might be a silly question because
I guess I wouldn't be getting this problem if the order was reverses?

And just one more thing.  Is there a config file that controls the order
the packages boot in??

Thanks folks.

David Pitts
IT Services Manager
Reid Library
University of Western Australia

Ph:  61 (08) 9380 3492    Fax:  61 (08) 9380 1012